John is a highly respected and experienced senior executive and company director with over 30 years experience managing complex global energy projects – from oil and gas through to wind, wave, solar and grid scale battery systems. In addition, John is acknowledged as a leading expert in the intersection of the energy industry with digital innovation and was awarded the CBE (Commander of the British Empire) for his leadership in this sector.
In his very successful career in BP, John’s key executive roles included President of the Azerbaijan Oil and Gas Company, Group Chief Information Officer (CIO), Executive responsible for BP’s Global Supply Chain, and Executive responsible for BP’s global cyber and physical security. For BP, he sector lead the integration of Amoco and Arco into BP.
John’s other domains of expertise include commercialising, funding and scaling-up technology-based companies. He brings in Board level experience in a variety of companies, such as:
- Consulting/ advising digitisation of oil and gas/ energy sector supply chains;
- Board member of an innovative photo apps company;
- Board member of an innovative wind turbine company;
- Board member AIM listed financial services company;
- Advisory board member of a enterprise level software company in the business intelligence area;
- Board member of a privately held cyber security technology company;
- Chairman of LSE listed grid level battery storage company;
John is a Fellow of the distinguished Royal Academy of Engineering, where he’s a member of the Enterprise Committee which targets the growth of technology start-ups and has unmatched connections in clean energy venture capital.
He’s a speaker at international conferences and is a Senior Advisor to global “Blue Chip” consultants on digital transformation, change management, strategic corporate re-alignment and M&A.
Tel: +44 776842 7252